JOIN THE MARCH - Passaic County, New Jersey - Sunday May 30, 2010 at 10 A.M.
The Coalition of Hispanic American Organizations and Associations of Passaic County is organizing this march in support of the rights of immigrants and in search of a dignified life with rights included in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The Coalition of Associations and Organizations asks to:
· Stop the deportation of parents of American children that destroys households and leaves children behind.
· Reject a totalitarian and unconstitutional law SB 1070 of Arizona that will perpetuate racial profiling and may encourage hate crimes.
· Boycott to the commerce of the state of Arizona.
· Halt the implementation of 287(g) that could create great fear among Latino immigrants and members of the general public.
· Suspend “Secure Communities” until a general law of “Immigration Reform” has been passed
· Pass the “DREAM Act” to help talented and motivated immigrant youth go on to higher education and contribute in our society.
We will gather in the City of Passaic, at 10 a.m. in the park of school #11, (Gregory Ave. & Monroe St., Passaic, NJ 07055) then begin our march heading to Main St. and continuing through the City of Clifton and arriving in Paterson with our last stop at the Juan Pablo Duarte Plaza (Federal Plaza Ave and Straight St., Paterson, NJ 07505) where we will meet with our invited guests of religious, political and community leaders.
David Toledo, MA
Hispanic American United of Passaic County